Date: March 10, 2015
In Attendance: Joyce Sullivan, Linda MacKay, Patricia McIntosh, Heather Hansen-Dunbar
Regrets: Erin Barkhouse, Shannon Harris, Karin Bradley
From the Daycare Act: “The facility’s agenda for each meeting includes (48 (5))
➢ Safety, care and well being of the children (48 (5)(a)): since our last meeting, illnesses that have presented themselves in the centre have been some fevers and colds, vomiting and diarrhea. Quantity of cases has not been high enough to warrant calling Public Health.
➢ Status of facility’s license (48 (5)(b)): License is full and is in compliance with no violations. Annual licensing took place in October and no violations were noted.
➢ Programs provided by the licensee (48 (5)(c )): Our curriculum is Emergent. We provide both full and part time programs for toddlers and preschoolers; full time programs only for infants.
➢ Equipment & materials available to the children (48 (5) (d)):
- The Brik-a-Blocks arrived and have been very much enjoyed. They were difficult to store in the rooms so we purchased baskets from Target’s sale.
- Some new Schleich animals were purchased (Dinosaurs and Under the Sea)
- Some new buckets were purchased --- Ballos
- Some new shovels were purchased --- snow shovels from Canadian Tire
- A large quantity of toys were purchased from Explorations Early Learning and are being delivered on March 13/2015 : )
- Staffing patterns and staff qualifications (48 (5) (e)):
Baby Room: 4 staff: 1 Level 1, 3 Level 2s, Mezzo: 1 staff: Level 2, Bounce: 3 staff: 1 Level 3, 1 Level 2, 1 Entry Level, Zest: 3 staff: 2 Level 3s, 1 Level 2, Vivacity: 3 staff: 1 Level 3, 1 Level 2, 1 Level 1, Dynamic: 3 staff: 1 Level 1, 1 Level 2, 1 Entry Level
- Fundraising: The account stands at a balance of $2945.84. We took a deposit to the bank of $910.00 for Lucky Duck Tickets with another $30 being billed to families on March’s invoices. We wrote cheque #013 to RecreatioNS for $282.00 for their portion of the funds raised. 26 books were returned unsold. A profit of $658 was made. Epicure fundraiser is planned for March 13, 2015. Teacher’s Appreciation Day is planned for May 8th. Spring Sleepover is planned for May 22nd . See attached spreadsheet for a bank account reconciliation details and attached Fundraising report for details of each Fundraiser.
Next Parent Committee Meeting: April 15th, 2015