PC Meeting September 22, 2011
In Attendance: CV (parent), MR (parent), SM (parent) LM (parent) sent regrets, JS (staff & parent), HHD (director / resource to committee)
- Safety Care & Well Being of the Children: a mild stomach bug was going around 2 weeks ago.
- Status of the Facility's License: is current, up to date, no violations
- Programs Provided By the Licensee: part time, full time, infant, toddler and preschool. We spoke about the multi-age grouping pilot, with staff children. We also touched on emergent curriculum, as well as risk taking.
- Equipment & Materials Available to the Children: Shopping list for trikes, bikes, and bilibos.
- Staffing Patterns & Staff Qualifications: Discussed 2 staff with are doing a 16 week module program to receive there entry level classification. HM moving to green room. LC hired for JH mat leave. Teaches in Red room. AB has gone to a daycare in Bedford. PM is our new inclusion coordinator; she has a Bachelor Arts with a Psychology Concentration from SMU. She also has her diploma in Early Childhood Education. As well, she has a certificate in management development from MSVU and SMU.
PC WORK AGENDA:
- Review all of Regulations re: Parent Meetings. Section 47-49 http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/dayregs.htm
- Fundraising Report: Mabel’s Labels raised $322.85 Next fundraiser: Norcard.
- Also discussed that PC wants to send staff to CA conference again next year.
- Discussed balance of PC bank account