COVID-19 RELEVANT RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES OF KIDS R KIDS
********Daily Health Screening for Children***********
ARTICLES ON PLAY BASED LEARNING BEING BEST!!!! BETTER THAN ACADEMIC!
- The New Deficiency, Formerly Know as "Childhood"
- Finnish Kids Don't Learn To Read In Kindergarten. They Turn Out Great Anyway.
- If We Know Play-Based Learning Works, Why Don't We Do It?
- Children Should Work Less Hard and Play More at School, Says Headteachers leader.
- How Todays Preschoolers Are Actually Harming Kids
- The Process Of Art
- Worksheets Don't Work Try Reggio Inspired Mathematics
- First day of kindergarten: A key transition
- Modern parenting may hinder brain development
- The decline of play in preschoolers — and the rise in sensory issues
- schemasin children's play
- What is a Provocation? | Reggio Inspired Learning
- Outdoor learning in the early years
- Seeing the Brilliance of Children – Understanding Brain Development
- Is My Child Ready for Kindergarten?
- The Decline of Play and Rise of Mental Disorders: Peter Gray at TEDxNavesink
- The importance of destructive play for babies and toddlers
- Message in a Backpack™ Things Every Parent Should Know about Play
- How America Killed Play—and What We Can Do to Bring it Back
- THE SCRIBBLE: WORTH A CLOSER LOOK
- Here's what a four-year-old should know
- The following documents and articles contain some great resourcesand information on the importance of play, process (vs. product) art, loose parts, and the Reggio Emilia and Forest School approaches
- How does playing with dirt support our play-based curriculum?
- The Cost of Ignoring Developmentally Appropriate Practice
- Remembering the Soulfulness of Play ~ Trusting the Intelligence of Play to Raise a Child
- Research finds no advantage in learning to read from age five
- Why a seemingly chaotic pre-K class may be the best kind
- 7 Awesome Reasons Why Kids Need To Get Muddy
- Decoration or distraction: the aesthetics of classrooms matter, but learning matters more
- New research finds more 'Power' in 'Play' than originally believed
- The Cruel Assertion That Your Five-Year-Old Is "Falling Behind"
- In Conversation With Sudeshna Chatterjee, On A Child’s Right To Play
- 40 Astounding Benefits of Outdoor Nature Play for Kids
- Risk: An essential ingredient in children’s play
- Unicef finds Hong Kong parents value free play for their children (but don’t really know what it is)
- Rethinking Risk: The importance of outdoor risky play for children’s health
- Block Play: Experiences in Cooperative Learning and Living by Sally Cartwright , Child Care Information Exchange 5/95 : pgs 39 - 40
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy, and Lazy
- Derby school urges parents to put down phones and talk to children
- Giving Your Child a Smartphone Is “Like Giving Them Drugs,” Says Top Addiction Expert
- Screen-time is associated with inattention problems in preschoolers: Results from the CHILD birth cohort study
- 4 Things Children Don't Need (And a Few They do)
- The Struggle Is... OK in Early Childhood Education
- How Saying "Good Job" with Your Children is NOT GOOD!
- Kids learn valuable life skills through rough-and-tumble play with their dads
- Children should learn about ‘stable and healthy same-sex relationships’, guidance says
- We Should Treat Early Childhood Educators as Valued Employees
- Toddlers Want to Help and We Should Let Them
- Infancy and early childhood matter so much because of attachment
- Learned Helplessness: Let’s Not Foster It in Children!
- How Mister Rogers became a timeless oracle of parenting wisdom
- Is love the same as care?
- Many Youngsters Aren't Ready for Kindergarten
- Why Kids Invent Imaginary Friends
- Why You Should Care That Fewer Kids Are Riding Bikes
- Making a Mess of Human Development: The Terrible Impact of Our Choices for Children
- Preschool teachers ask children too many simple questions
- YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD’S DINOSAUR OBSESSION
- Dear Parent: About that KID
- You’re Not A Bad Mother, You’re Just Human
- Calming Your Clingy Child
- Stop Making Everything Perfect for Your Kid
- Kicking kids out of preschool is damaging, experts say. So why is it still happening?
- 2-year-olds aren’t terrible—they’re just learning how to be human
BARE FEET RESOURCES
MULTI-AGE GROUPING ARTICLES
- Multi-Age Care: An Enriching Experience, CRC Bulletin #408
- An Eye on Early Learning and Child Care in Manitoba: Multi-age Groups Learning and Growing Child Care Centre, page 1-2
- Determining Groups: Who Goes With Whom? Chapter 5, Prime Times by Jim Greenman and Anne Stonehouse, Redleaf Press, 1996, pgs. 52-56
- Multiage Classes Information for Parents
- Multiage Grouping in Child Care, AQM: Association quebecoise pour le multiage
- Multiage Learning and Teaching (Early Years Curriculum Materials) Queensland Government, pg. 1 -4
- Teaching Siblings Together (Smile on Your Brother) by Paula Carter, Young Children, September 2008
- The Most Powerful Family Ritual? The Bedtime Story
- Instead Of Telling Your Kids To Clean Up, Try This Instead
- Toilet Training in One Simple Step